Tien procent van alle mensen
start in de baarmoeder als tweeling of meerling,
maar wordt alleen geboren.
Een groot deel ervaart hierdoor nadelige gevolgen in hun leven.
The aim of the foundation is to raise awareness of the phenomenon of single-born twins and, furthermore, everything that in the broadest sense is related to, belongs to and/or can be conducive to this.
The Foundation tries to achieve its goal by:
- provide information via the website, information packages, lectures and other channels if necessary or desirable;
- (scientific) research, organizing lectures and conferences for professionals in care and education to create more awareness so that only born twins can be better helped;
- building a library of (inter)national literature;
- organizing a biennial conference with national and international speakers
- organizing courses/training for individuals, groups and care providers;
- the realization of a physical place where single-born twins can be helped in the future.
The Foundation does not aim to make a profit.
Aranka Reeuwijk-Willems, chairman
Eveline Noordegraaf, vice-chairman/treasurer
Gerdien Keizer, secretary
The members of the board receive no remuneration for their work. They are, however, entitled to reimbursement of the costs incurred by them in the performance of their duties.
Our policy plan will be available on request shortly.
Achievement goals in 2018
The above goals will be achieved from 2018 onwards. In order of urgency.
The website is being designed. Every month we plan afternoons for which our target group can register to attend. Afternoons are meant to provide information and exchange experiences.
At least four lectures will be scheduled throughout the country. With the aim of transferring knowledge about twins born alone.
A first start will be made for research. It will be investigated whether it is possible to obtain financial support from funds.
In 2019, on 21 and 22 June, an (inter)national conference was organized. Preparations for this have already started in 2018. Theme was (H)Acknowledge twins born alone.
The second congress (online) will take place in November 2021, which is entirely devoted to twin loss as a force.
The Only Born Twins Foundation in the Netherlands has an ANBI status. This means that donations and gifts to our foundation can be deducted in your tax return. The ATN Foundation runs 100% on volunteers and is not dependent on subsidies.
We try to keep our finances healthy by means of entrepreneurial thinking, in which we focus on the organization of meetings, workshops, lectures and conferences. Your donation helps us achieve our goals.
NL73 TRIO 033 88 22 828 in the name of Only Born Twins
Chamber of Commerce number: 70357951